- DATE: Sunday, December 22, 2019
- TIME: 4 PM- 6PM (approx)
- MEETING PLACE: Green Street MBTA station on the Orange Line. If the weather is HORRIBLE we'll meet on the platform. If it's good enough to go outside, we'll meet under the roof just outside the station.
- WEATHER: if weather IS in fact terrible, Extreme, we will sing on the train and at various stops up and down the Orange Line. If it's Good or Marginal, we will go door to door because it's a lot more fun.
- DRESS: for the weather! Generally about one more layer than you'd think, we'll be standing and singing which is colder than walking briskly.
- MUSIC: both sheet music books and lyrics-only books will be provided, please return when done! See Scores/Practice page for practice materials, which I'm posting as I have time.
What to Bring
Warm Clothing- wear one more layer than usual! Hats, gloves, long underwear, boots, etc. It gets chillier standing and singing than many more active outdoor winter activities
Light To see the caroling book
Merriment Goes without saying, really
A little cash Not necessary, but we do accept donations to help with photocopying etc. Also, dinner groups may form and go out afterwards.
WHAT IS THE CAROLING MOB?
The Caroling Mob is...
Organized by Joel Sindelar in Jamaica Plain, the Boston Caroling Mob is an open invitation to singers from all over Boston, to gather together in Jamaica Plain and sing carols door-to-door, choro-a-mano. Free and open to merry singers of all ages, abilities, races, orientations, denominations, etc.
The Caroling Mob usually numbers more than 100 singers and lasts about 2 hours, starting at 4pm on the Sunday before Christmas Eve. We meet at a stop on the MBTA's Orange Line; if it rains, we sing on the T; if it's clear or snowing, we walk through the neighborhood ringing doorbells.
WHAT WILL WE SING?
Carols & Classes
We use a caroling book put together by Joel over the years; usually 1 or 2 new songs might appear each season. While the whole book is not available online, some recordings and scores are available on the Scores/Practice page.
Joel Sindelar is director of SingPositive, which is a family-inclusive choir of 36 adults and 25 kids. SingPositive is non-auditioned performs contemporary music, from the Beatles to Shakira. SingPositive performs its winter concert on December 9, 2018 at Spontaneous Celebrations community center, on Danforth St. in Jamaica Plain.
Our next singing season starts February 3, 2019- come check us out!
Photo by www.mdavidsonschapiro.com